01 November 2011

Zombie ammunition!

My nephew alerted me to a new product.  Its by Hornady,  one of USA's top manufacturers of premier factory ammunition.  (It was their A-Max match ammo in 5.56 that was issued by CMP for the Small Arms Firing School at Camp Perry, and CMP sold lots of it in .30-06 for Garands).   So anyway, this new ammo appears to be based on the A-Max, but they are calling it Z-Max.  And the Z stands for Zombie.  Per their website, the disclaimer reads:

Disclaimer: Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is NOT a toy (IT IS LIVE AMMUNITION), but is intended only to be used on…ZOMBIES, also known as the living dead, undead, etc. No human being, plant, animal, vegetable or mineral should ever be shot with Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition. Again, we repeat, Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is for use on ZOMBIES ONLY, and that's not a nickname, phrase or cute way of referring to anybody, place or thing. When we say Zombies, we mean…ZOMBIES!

They even have a compelling video demonstrating why you need it, and how well it will serve you.  Check it out!

2 comments:

  1. I've been eyeballing this stuff for the shotgun self defense ammo. Not just for cool factor but I keep a Mossberg Thunder Ranch in a SHOTLOK on the wall behind my door and this would fit right in it!

    My distributor says around December 11th it will be available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wondering if they will offer the projectiles only for handloading the equivalent of their M1 Garand Match A-Max.

    If I didn't already have enough 5.56mm to sink a small boat, I might get some of that.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment about this post: