01 November 2011

Ruger 10/22 "SRT"

I've been hearing about Appleseed, and their "Liberty Training Rifle" (aka LTR).  Well, I wanted something to train with for CMP Service Rifle competition.  Starting with a 10/22, and applying many of the upgrades of an LRT, I have what I call an SRT: Service Rifle Trainer.

To a basic Ruger 10/22 Carbine, I added Tech Sights which operate like an M16 A1 with windage and elevation, as well as a Rapidex knob for windage adjustment without a tool.   I got sling studs and swivels from MidwayUSA to attach a USGI cotton web sling.  And just for coolness factor, a flash-hider and 25rd magazine.

An afternoon in the woods with Wolf Match Target, Aguila Hypervelocity and Aguila Subsonic gave the basis for my trajectories table pasted to the stock.  I was able to get 2" groups from the Wolf without trying all that hard.  It is my hope that this will help my offhand scores with my M1 Garand.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment about this post: